Prep Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, blend
- 2 cups crumbled tortilla chips
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (I like the kikoman brand)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon mesquite liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon tequila (optional)
Mexi-Ranch dressing (i usually double this recipe bc my family devours it as dip before the meal)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (generic brand is better)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk (or buttermilk if you've got it handy)
- 2 teaspoons tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar (or more if you like)
- 1 teaspoon canned jalapeno slices (sometimes I throw in a few more)
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Marinate 2-3 hours.
- 2. For mexi-ranch blend all ingredients in blender.
- 3. Grill chicken on outdoor or indoor grill. When done, place in casserole dish.
- 4. Top with mexi- ranch dressing and cheese. Bake at 350 F until cheese is melted.
- 5. Arrange on dinner plates on top of crushed tortilla chips. Seve with extra mexi- sauce.