Another one from Gordon. I have made it two times now and I really love it! But I dont have the setting tools like Chef Gordon does so I cheat. The first time I scooped the cheese cake into red wine glasses and topped off with the berries and crumbles. The 2nd time I made it I layered a casserole dish: bottom layer berries, 2nd layer cheese cake mix, 3rd layer more berries, and top layer is the crumbles. So really its like an upside down cheese cake.
The recipe states it severed 8 but its so rich it might serve more than 8 people
- about 10-20 Nilla® Wafers
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 300g berries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Splash of crème de cassis or water
Vanilla cream cheese
- 400g cream cheese (about 2 pkgs of cream cheese)
- 6 tbsp powder sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 600ml whipping cream
- Powder sugar to dust
Method: How to make no-bake berry cheesecake
1. Make the topping first. Coarsely grind the nella in a food processor. Melt the sugar in a heavy-based non-stick pan until it begins to caramelize, then carefully add the butter, shaking the pan to mix the caramel with the butter as it melts. Add the ground biscuits and toss to coat in the caramel. Tip on to a plate, chill for 5 minutes until firm, then break into pieces. Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper.
2. Tip the blueberries into the pan and sprinkle with the 2 tbsp sugar and a splash of cassis or water. Cook over medium-high heat for a minute until the blueberries are slightly soft. Spread out on a plate and leave to cool.
3. For the vanilla cream cheese, put the cream cheese, powder sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the seeds from the vanilla pod and beat until smooth. In another bowl, lightly whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Take cheese mixture and layer it into a serving dish. It can be wine glasses or a casserole dish. The layer it with berry mixture. I like to have some berry mixture on the bottom and some on top of the cheese mixture. Chill until ready to serve. I do mine the night before.
5. Sprinkle the crumbly topping on top of the cheesecakes and spoon the blueberries around the plate. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.