Here are some tips from my favorite chief Gordon Ramsay to make your Turkey Day a day to remember!:
Gordon Ramsay's Turkey Tips
- Test the Turkey - To ensure your turkey is cooked, skewer the thickest part of the thigh and check the juices. If they're clear, the turkey is done; if they're pink, the turkey needs more time in the oven.
- Baste the Turkey - To avoid the skin shriveling as it cools, baste the turkey as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Rest the Turkey - Never slice the turkey straight from the oven! When the turkey is ready, cover it with tin foil and let it rest for at least 25 - 30 minutes. Resting the meat allows the juices to redistribute in the bird, making it moist and tender.
- Slice the Turkey - Use the whole bird. Carve the breast first and then start on the legs.
- Gravy - Don't forget the pan juices from the turkey-roasting tray! It's where all the turkey flavor is stored, and makes a great base for your gravy